Samstag, 26. April 2014

Nagorno-Karabakh





Nagorno Karabakh during the 2014 ConIFA World Football Cup
In the beginning of April 2014 I had the huge pleasure to do my very first official trip as general secretary of ConIFA which led me to our both members in the Caucasus: Nagorno-Karabakh and Abkhazia! Besides that I met the sports minister of South Ossetia, another member in that region, in Abkhazia.
I had an amazing time over there and really loved the whole trip and all I could see. This was an amazing experience and I think I found really a hidden gem on the world map there. Surely I will travel the region and Nagorno-Karabakh and Abkhazia in particular again! For holidays or for ConIFA - I will come back for sure as it is so much worth it!

After landing in Yerevan a driver gave me a lift to Stepanakert, the capital of Nagorno-Karabakh. My hotel was just about 5 min walk away from the national stadium, which is beautifully placed in the very center of Stepanakert. In the stadium I had the honor to meet the national team coach and some days later I even met the FA president Mr Karapetyan, who gave me this amazing old matchworn shirt as a gift!
This shirt is absolutely not available somewhere and thus is very special to me. In addition it will always remind me of one of the best trips of my life. Spaßiba!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen